Link Roundup: May 2013 Wish List
I must be having a Mariah Carey moment because right now I’m feeling obsessed with butterflies.
Butterflies represent rebirth just like phoenixes…but without that whole bursting into flames business.
I love it that a pokey little caterpillar can build a cocoon, do its thing, and emerge a short time later as a totally new being. Its old restraints are gone, and it has a kind of freedom it never imagined before.
I’m feeling a bit like a caterpillar right now. I’m tucked up in my cocoon, slowly making changes so I can eventually emerge as a butterfly.
Not that being a caterpillar was less than perfect! That’s the thing—I don’t want my business to be a new and improved caterpillar. I’m ready for it to evolve into something entirely different.
Buuuuuut…that’s a bit down the line. I’m still working on my butterfly blueprint. In the meantime, check out my May Wish List inspired by butterflies.
May 2013 Wish List
album / cookie cutter / mug / necklace / scarf / nail art / shirt / yoga mat / book
Did you miss last month’s wish list? Click here to see my April 2013 Wish List.
What’s on your wish list this month?
Have you ever evolved into a whole new you?
And I can’t resist sharing this cheese-tastic MC video from back in the day! Would it be weird if I said that this video always makes me cry? Oh…nevermind. I just have something in my eye…
While I get back to work (Sorry! I know I keep teasing you about my business changes. Just stick with me, OK?), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- 14 Disney Characters As Modern Day College Students. I just know Belle and I would have been roomies.
- 10 Life-Affirming Reasons to Embrace Simplicity. Ah, a breath of fresh air.
- I Used to Be a B*I*T*C*H. Or how not to pick a fight with the universe.
- Lessons from Dogs on Being Present and Healing After Loss. Beautiful, sad, and true.
- FOMO: Do You Have a Fear of Missing Out? And is everyone hanging out without you?
- The #1 Trait that Determines Long Term Success. Do you have it? I bet you do!
- 4 Potent Life Lessons From Benjamin Franklin. It’s all about the Benjamins, baby.
- Story: “Now I’m Free From French Fries” (Video). Let’s hope one day I can say I’m free from Twizzlers.
- How to Transform Negative Thoughts with Mindfulness Meditation. Another reminder that things are never as bad as we make them seem.
- Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a Fuck. Holy crap! Why’d it take me so long to find this foodie site?
I love these wish list posts! They are so interesting and you have such great taste! Maybe I’ll do a wishlist for a fun friday post 🙂
Thanks for the links!