I must be having a Mariah Carey moment because right now I’m feeling obsessed with butterflies.
Butterflies represent rebirth just like phoenixes…but without that whole bursting into flames business.
I love it that a pokey little caterpillar can build a cocoon, do its thing, and emerge a short time later as a totally new being. Its old restraints are gone, and it has a kind of freedom it never imagined before.
I’m feeling a bit like a caterpillar right now. I’m tucked up in my cocoon, slowly making changes so I can eventually emerge as a butterfly.
Not that being a caterpillar was less than perfect! That’s the thing—I don’t want my business to be a new and improved caterpillar. I’m ready for it to evolve into something entirely different.
Buuuuuut…that’s a bit down the line. I’m still working on my butterfly blueprint. In the meantime, check out my May Wish List inspired by butterflies.
May 2013 Wish List
Did you miss last month’s wish list? Click here to see my April 2013 Wish List.
What’s on your wish list this month?
Have you ever evolved into a whole new you?
And I can’t resist sharing this cheese-tastic MC video from back in the day! Would it be weird if I said that this video always makes me cry? Oh…nevermind. I just have something in my eye…
While I get back to work (Sorry! I know I keep teasing you about my business changes. Just stick with me, OK?), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- 14 Disney Characters As Modern Day College Students. I just know Belle and I would have been roomies.
- 10 Life-Affirming Reasons to Embrace Simplicity. Ah, a breath of fresh air.
- I Used to Be a B*I*T*C*H. Or how not to pick a fight with the universe.
- Lessons from Dogs on Being Present and Healing After Loss. Beautiful, sad, and true.
- FOMO: Do You Have a Fear of Missing Out? And is everyone hanging out without you?
- The #1 Trait that Determines Long Term Success. Do you have it? I bet you do!
- 4 Potent Life Lessons From Benjamin Franklin. It’s all about the Benjamins, baby.
- Story: “Now I’m Free From French Fries” (Video). Let’s hope one day I can say I’m free from Twizzlers.
- How to Transform Negative Thoughts with Mindfulness Meditation. Another reminder that things are never as bad as we make them seem.
- Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a Fuck. Holy crap! Why’d it take me so long to find this foodie site?