Link Roundup: May 12, 2013
I don’t have much to report this weekend, but I’d like to say, “Happy Mother’s Day!” to those of you who are mommies. Hope your kids are taking good care of you today.
I’m not a mom, and Chris and I don’t have relationships with our mothers (long story), so we’re enjoying some down time. I suppose we’re parents to Skyla. 🙂
We got a bunch of delicious strawberries from the store this morning (so good!). Chris likes his strawberries smothered in whipped cream, while I prefer them plain or with just a sprinkle of sugar.
While get back to relaxing (and so should you!), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” performed by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole (Video). Sorry, Judy Garland, but this version is my favorite.
- I’m still here: back online after a year without the internet. Not the spiritual transformation I was expecting.
- Why Vegans and Paleos Should Stop Hating Each Other. Can’t we all just get along?
- Are You Collecting a Pile of Underpants? Sadly, I used to do this and I know too many people who still do this. Stop it!
- How Social Media Changes the Way We Think About Food. For better or for worse? You decide.
- The Ultimate Quick Fix: Solve Any Problem In Your Life In Three Steps. Sobering and true.
- The Things That Go Wrong Often Make the Best Memories (Video). Another reason to go with the flow.
- 8 Effortless Actions You Can Take Right Now To Live A Better Life. My favorite? Be the first to apologize.
- The Zen Of Losing Control. Because our lives go nuts every once in a while.
Happy Mother’s Day!! You are absolutely a Mommy to Skyla and I can tell you are a loving, doting mother to her. I hope you enjoyed your day with her!
I’m so jealous of your strawberries. I actually just got home from the store and they had zero strawberries! Apparently those are a big mother’s day ingredient, ha!
Thanks for the links!