Link Roundup: June 23, 2013
Yesterday Chris and I went to the movies to see Monsters University. We’re huge fans of anything from Disney and/or Pixar, so this movie was right up our alley.
Strangely, it made me miss my bygone college days (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth). Chris and I met in college, and campus life always reminds me of our courtship.
Did you enjoy college? What’s your favorite college memory?
On a side note, I am not accepting any more intern candidates at this time. It’s not because I don’t love you, but I have more than enough applications to consider and interviews to conduct.
I’m incredibly thankful for responses I’ve received, and I’m so impressed by the talented peeps who want to work with me. That said, I may be looking to add to my team again in the future, so stay tuned.
While I reminisce about my college days, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching
- Mister Rogers Remixed: Sing Together. Love him.
- Dirty Secret of Tidy Families. Another reason to own less stuff.
- Go For It: 6 Habits of Successful Women. My favorite? Be prompt and proactive.
- 25 Signs You’re Addicted To Books. Yep.
- This video of Patrick Stewart talking about how domestic violence and PTSD affected his childhood.
- Instant Peptalk. My fave new app.
- Can’t Keep up? 15 Ways to Simplify Your Morning Routine. This is the #2 issue my clients want to work on with me (getting more sleep is #1).
- Dealing with Guilt when Chasing Your Dreams. It’s not all about you…or is it?
- When you just…can’t. Great article, and this line really spoke to me: “When you’ve found your own edge, acknowledge it.”
- The Futility of Comparing Yourself to Others. Because we all do it.
New Blog Posts
- Question of the Week: What Qualities Do You Look For in a Friend?
I cannot wait to see Monsters University! I love almost all of the Pixar movies (didn’t love Cars all that much).
College was the best – I loved my studies, I was involved in more activities than I was in high school and I made some lifelong friends. I miss those days sometimes!
Thank you!–I didn’t like Cars either. My favorite Pixar movie is Up. Makes me cry every time.
Damn! I didn’t get the intern job. Oh, well…
College was where I grew up. My parents were very controlling and I was imprisoned by them for my high school years. Going away to college — far, far away — was where I could experiment and explore. I learned my limits and expanded my horizons. Very valuable time for me.
I share your love of everything Pixar makes.
Haha, maybe next time, Ally. 🙂 I’ll let you know if I need a personal stylist.
I grew up a lot in college too. It was like a whole other world.
College was by far my favorite four years of my life. I loved EVERYTHING about it. The location, the people, the professors/classes, my extracurriculars (the radio station)… it was incredible. I miss it! 🙂
Thanks for the links! I’m going to peruse now! I’m especially looking forward to the 6 habits of successful women 🙂
have a great night!
Is that weird that I use the word “peruse” every week? A lot of funny words have crept into my vocabulary. 🙂