As a former editor in the publishing world, I used to edit books, newsletters, websites, and loads of marketing materials all written by other people.
I used to say that my job as a book editor was to make other people look good.
And I still feel that way now that I’m a life editor. My job is to help you edit and polish up the rough draft of your life so that you can live your perfect life story.
Being an online entrepreneur has made me step out of my comfort zone hundreds of times, but there’s been one major change in who I am.
I’m a writer now.
It’s up to me to write my blog posts, digital guides, freebies, and program content to promote my life coaching business. Suddenly I’m the one with all the ideas!
At first it felt strange to be putting myself out there as a writer and not hiding in the background like an editor. But I found that I like being in the spotlight. 🙂
Here are my picks for embracing your writer’s side…write now!
1. Pilot Hi-Tec-C Pen. One of my clients recommended this gorgeous 4-color pen that lets you swap out the colors (more than 15 to choose from). Great for organizing your planner!
2. How to Write Anything by Laura Brown. A fantastic guide to help you get started.
3. Typewriter Necklace. For you quirky types.
4. Please Do Not Annoy the Writer Button. Consider this a warning.
5. Brilliant Ideas Launch Pad. So you can keep track of ‘em all!
6. Little Women. One of my favorite movies (and books!) about a tight-knit group of sisters and one unconventional writer. You go, Jo March!
7. The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. A must-read to get you to stop overthinking and just WRITE.
8. Kate Spade Pencil Cup. The old #2s never looked so chic.
9. Still Writing by Dani Shapiro. Get your creative juices flowing.
Want to see even more of my top picks? Follow me on Pinterest.
Are you a writer? In the comments below, share what you’re working on now.
3 Simple Steps to Become a Productivity Superstar
Dump your excuses, transform your habits, and become the most productive person you know.