Let me take you back to the mid 1990s, when colorful scrunchies and oversized flannel shirts were the epitome of cool. Those fashion items are weirdly back in style now, but I’m far too old to be considered cool ever again.
I have fond memories of my middle school years, not because of the classes, but because of all the rowdy slumber parties I hosted. Nothing can top the energy of 10 pre-pubescent girls hopped up on sugar at midnight.
Besides the copious amount of candy, movies also played a big role in the festivities. We’d swoon over the leading men and dream of how beautiful and grownup we’d be in a few years (ha!).
Who says girlie get-togethers are a thing of the past?
I challenge you to indulge in some of your old favorite past-times with your current pals. You’ll laugh, you’ll bond, and you’ll remember how much fun it is to stay up late sharing secrets with friends.
Here are my picks for movie night with the girls.
1. Unicorn Eating Popcorn Pajamas. Could there be anything cuter for a girls’ night?
2. Glam Up Facial Sheet Masks. No boys allowed while we’re enjoying our beauty treatments.
4. Movie Night Popcorn Kernels and Popcorn Seasoning Variety Pack. Because your tastebuds are a bit more discerning than a 12-year-olds.
5. Hollywood Photo Booth Props Kit. Strike a pose with these movie props and share the selfies on social media.
6. Light Up Unicorn Slippers. Your inner child will thank you.
7. Stash 6-Flavor Fall for Autumn Tea Assortment. These are by far my all-time FAVORITE teas, and that’s high praise from a tea junkie like me. Sip a cup while you spill your guts to your girlfriends.
8. 1990s Retro Candy Gift Box. Who knew they still made Bubble Tape?
9. Plastic Popcorn Tub. The classic container for your salty snacks.
Like these picks? Check out my favorite things on Pinterest.
This post focuses on Step 5 of the Life Editing Process, Make White Space for Personal Self-Care. For more about life editing and what it can do for you, click here.