This week my friend Carrie from Chicago came to visit me here in San Francisco. We used to work together back in the day when I was an editor.
It was awesome to see her, and we did some of the tourist-type things that you only really do when people are visiting from out of town.
Check out the sea lions at Pier 39. So lazy…
It’s been more than 2 years since I worked in a corporate office as an editor, but this week I launched a brand new life coaching program that brings me back to my editing roots.
The Editor Session is a single session of life-coachy goodness where we’ll turn the rough draft of your life into an amazing story!
Click the image below for all the details. (Grab your red pen!)
I’m really proud of the Editor Session, and I hope you love it. I even made 17 all-new worksheets for it (such a Type A!).
Oh, and I had a bit of good news this week! I won a scholarship for Amber Krzys’s 56 Day Rock Your Body Challenge. Woop woop! Wanna join me? Click here to sign up.
Anyhoo, I’m spending the weekend putting up our Halloween decorations in our apartment. That and throwing out the Barilla pasta—wowzers!
While I find the perfect spot for our Nightmare Before Christmas snow globe (it’s full of bats!), here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading and Watching (Mostly Coffee and Harry Potter Edition)
- The Forge: For Anybody Hurting (Video). You guys really connected with my post about my suicide attempt (thank you!), and this video about suicide is haunting…and hopeful.
- 101 Inspiring Happiness Quotes. Because we all need ‘em.
- What Does Your Starbucks Drink Say About You? Apparently, I’m super boring.
- 14 Profound Quotes From The Harry Potter Books. How long will I love Harry Potter? “Always.”
- 30 Ideas to Set the Mood for Autumn. More pumpkins, please!
- Morning Coffee From Around The World. Such pretty photos. We all drink coffee, but in our own special way.
- 32 Books That Will Actually Change Your Life. How many have you read?
- A little help to stop hiding from your to-do list. I love this idea, and I do it almost every work day. Need a free printable to-do list? Click here.
- The 22 Best TED Talks for Fitness, Health, and Happiness Inspiration. Turn off the Honey Boo Boo reruns and watch these instead.
- Which Harry Potter Character Best Fits Your Personality Type? I shared this in my post about personality tests, but I can’t get over the fact that I’m Dumbledore and Chris is Draco Malfoy. How’d that happen?
- Write Quick & Better: The “Aha” Index Card Method (Video). A funny and cool video for writers.
- Vegan Iced Coffee: 3 Ways. Yummers.
- “The Fox” by Ylvis (Video). The fox says watch this trippy music video.
- You Can’t Have It All, but You Can Have Cake. Sometimes you don’t need “it all” to have a happy life.
- Funny Siberian Husky Playing in Leaves (Video). Because we all love a happy puppy.