I’ve been in a cleaning mood around here. Not just the usual vacuuming and laundry, but also cleaning out unneeded stuff.
I went through all my clothes and sorted them into categories: (1) too big, (2) too small, (3) just right, and (4) donate.
Normally, I’d just donate all the too big and too small items. Instead, I’m giving myself a deadline of 2 months to do something with them (like a crafty DIY project) or do something with me (like get back into an exercise routine…eek!).
I’d like to fit back into my too-small clothes, but looking at them every time I opened a drawer or walked into the closet wasn’t helping my self-esteem. By moving them out of the way and putting the clothes that currently fit me front and center makes for a much more enjoyable time when choosing an outfit.
How often do you clean out your wardrobe?
This week, I asked Chris to buy me a sugar pumpkin on his last grocery run so I could have it on my desk instead of the usual flowers. He came home with a beautiful one, and Skyla was very, very fixated on it.
We put it on the floor so she could sniff it, and she quickly grabbed the stem with her teeth and half-walked, half-dragged the pumpkin to her bed. She then proceeded to chew off the stem (yes, we let her get away with everything).
That green mark on her head is a grass stain…or a goose poop stain, but I don’t want to think about that.
Do you like pumpkins? Got a favorite pumpkin recipe?
While I enjoy my weekend and newly organized closet, here are some tidbits for you to peruse at your leisure.
What I’m Reading
- 10 Easy and Simple Things You Can Do to Add More Time to Your Day
- Five Little Moments to Savor Every Day
- 10 Things to Say Yes to For a Happier Life
New Blog Posts
- Grab my RSS feed for your feed reader
- Follow my musings on Twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Visit me on Google+
- Peruse my collection of randomness on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Sign up for my free weekly ezine, The Sweet List
- Get your free Ready, Set, Go! coaching call with me
- Got a question? Need some sage advice? Just want to say hi? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What makes you happy this weekend?