I was talking with one of my clients during her Ready, Set, Go! call this week, and she told me she spent more than 30 minutes cruising around my website trying to find out more about me.
Hmmm. I think that’s my cue to update my About page!
I like reading other people’s About pages so I can get a feel for the person behind the posts. Short and sweet summaries with bullet points are a good way to go, and pictures are a plus.
With that in mind, I redid my About page to be more enticing and a “one-stop shop” to get the scoop on who I am, my experiences, and what I have to offer.
I also included a list of 26 Random Things About Me, which I’ve added below. Enjoy!
26 Random Things About Me
- My birthday is February 16 (hint, hint). That makes me an Aquarius. This description of the Aquarius personality makes me seem like a super genius, so of course I love it.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since 1995 and a vegan since 2010. My favorite food is tofu, followed closely by broccoli. For reals.
- I’m 5’0’’. Yes, I’m short, but my legs are longer than my husband’s legs (he’s 5’8’’). I’m like a spider with a tiny torso and freakishly long limbs.
- I listen to a lot of uplifting “bubblegum” pop music. I believe that what you listen to has a profound effect on your mood and what you attract in your life.
- I have zero patience for whiners (see #4).
- Sage Grayson Coaching was originally a fashion blog called Sweet and Sage. I kept the “sweetness” in my tagline and my weekly ezine, The Sweet List.
- I attempted suicide when I was 15.
- After years of abuse, I cut ties with my entire biological family when I was 23.
- I lived in Chicago for most of my life, and spent 4 years in Richmond, VA. I’ve lived in San Francisco since 2011.
- I love to dance. I take hip hop aerobics at my gym and sometimes Zumba (but Zumba music annoys the crap out of me).
- I’m bisexual, and I dated men and women before I married my husband.
- I spent nearly 10 years in the corporate world as an editor for various healthcare publishers. My grammar becomes more loosy-goosy every year I’m away from the publishing world.
- I’m a Buddhist Atheist.
- My biggest fear is being eaten by bears. Don’t laugh; it could happen.
- I was an obese child. As an adult, I lost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers and became one of their group leaders.
- My favorite color is emerald green.
- I was a nude model.
- My fingers are also exceptionally long for my size (see #3), and I’m able to bend and twist them into various shapes, most notably, a talking frog.
- I have 32 magazine subscriptions. Trees and postal workers hate me.
- My favorite movie is Metropolis, followed closely by Lilo and Stitch and Pride and Prejudice.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education. Sadly, this doesn’t make it any easier for me to go to the gym.
- I’ve experienced vicious bullying (see #7, #11, #13, and #15).
- I love to travel, and I think there’s no such thing as too many vacations.
- I’ve been to Walt Disney World 21 times, and I’ve spent more than 6 months of my life in the Disney parks.
- My favorite book is Eat Pray Love, and I listen to the audiobook once a year. My favorite children’s book is The Phantom Tollbooth. I also read tons of self-help books.
- My lucky number is 26.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw. Tweet this!
What do you like to see on people’s About pages?
Share a random fact about you in the comments below!